Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Day 1: The Enchiridion

This project is simple: to transcribe by hand the Enchiridion of Epictetus, with the double aims of learning more of the Stoic ideal, and improving my rather poor handwriting.

The pen is a Noodler's Ahab (filled with Noodler's Old Manhattan), and the notebook is some "Chem Lab-book" which has surprisingly nice paper, and a hard waxy binding.

I will consider this project complete when this notebook is full with the complete text of the Enchiridion - afterwards, I might continue writing with some other work.

So far, my hand aches. Enlightenment seems... difficult at best. However, my mind feels calmer than before I started, so I will likely last another day.

I also hope to give some annotations to this, in blog form, but for now this will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment